[plug] Install/Setup an internet gateway

John Breen jbreen at wn.com.au
Tue May 30 09:50:39 WST 2000

>What you wanting to do with it? Ive set up a 486 box at home as a
>server
I just want to have it use my dialup connection so that I can net
from my Winblows box or various other boxes as I get them online.
Probably using diald to handle the actual dialup, and letting me send
e-mail to ROW from any machine on my network (perhaps Linux acting as
a POP or IMAP server so that I can centralise my mail)

>(samba, print, nfs) as well as doing IP-Masquerading for all the
Samba I can do.  Don't need/use NFS at present, but shouldn't be too
hard (famous last words)

>other boxen
>on the network. I don't know a whole heap about it (my IP-Chains
>need work,
>I simply just DENY all ports under 1024 from PPP0) but I know enuff
>to get
>it working.
>
>Im also showing a friend how to do this at the moment, maybe we
>should make
>a day of it somewhere, possibly inviting others who want to know/can
>help....
Sounds cool.  Freo somewhere preferably.

>Just a thought
A good one though.  Any takers?

>Stay up hacking each weekend. Sleep is for the week.
Sleep? What's that?