[plug] Linking's a bitch!

bburns at erggroup.com bburns at erggroup.com
Tue May 30 13:01:41 WST 2000

Cheers Mike,

Moved the inline functions and it worked.  Of course I've got to get all the MFC
rendering working with QT, but that shouldn't be too hard  (I can currently draw
a line from the top left to bottom right --> everythings just an extention of
that :) ).

> What does "rendered" mean? This is not a C++ term I've ever heard.
By "Rendering" I mean drawing the pretty pics on the window.

> Huh? What is "part of the QT framework" ? I dont see it in libqt.
>  Aren't you writing the class, inheriting from a QT class?
Sorry, AntsView is generated by KDevelop, and it inherits from (non virtually)
QWidget.  It turns out QWidget is both a QPaintDevice and something else (sorry
I forget what!), but that surprised me.

> An "ant simulation"! You've got me interested ....
> Whoa! Just "ants.exe". Wheres the source Luke?
Hence the AntsPortation project --> code for this will be GPLed and posted to
the web page.  Coming soon...

I'll keep you informed.

Thanks for the help,
Ben

bburns at mailops.com
www.bburns.ic24.net

 The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential
 and may only be read by the intended recipient.