[plug] BP6 boards

Kim Covil kimc at zydeco.ned.dem.csiro.au
Wed May 31 10:28:15 WST 2000

> Recently there was comment that Abit BP6 boards were pulled off the shelves,
> owing to quality problems.  Is there an update to this story - like they're
> back or won't be back?  Or is there something with more bangs per buck now?

I have one of these... and I had been having quite a few problems with
it... it seemed unable to stay up longer than 4-7 days without
mysteriously freezing... but a recent bios update released by Abit seems
to have fixed my problems with it... Although from the abit-linux list I
see that it hasn't fixed everyone elses...

Abit have never really admitted to there being a problem with the board
other than one capacitor on one version of the board. For more details
you can try the bp6 web site...
http://www.bp6.com/

emerald:~> uptime
 10:26am  up 32 days, 10:30, 17 users,  load average: 2.00, 2.00, 1.97

Cheers

Kim

Kim Covil - Australian Geodynamics CRC   E-mail: kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
            CSIRO Exploration & Mining   Tel: +61 8 9284 8425   ,-_!\
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,        Fax: +61 8 9389 1906  /     \
            Western Australia  6009                            *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at it.net.au

"Not wanting to be accused of going easy on the Sun, we pulled out a
 Mossberg with 20 Gauge buckshot and birdshot, and opened fire again
 from twenty-five feet."

 taken from: "They Don't Make Them Like They Used To"
 http://projects.shn.nu/rkba/deadhardware/oldschool.php3