[plug] BP6 boards

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Wed May 31 11:34:34 WST 2000

"Shackleton, Kevin" wrote:

> Recently there was comment that Abit BP6 boards were pulled off the shelves,
> owing to quality problems.  Is there an update to this story - like they're
> back or won't be back?  Or is there something with more bangs per buck now?

That was me; Two new BP6's, both unstable (at the end, one wouldn't boot at
all, the other was fine but would lock up once an hour or so).

We sent both boards back to the supplier, and had two replacements back within
a week or two. The two replacement boards have been fine, with no freezes or
other problems at all!

Note: We're using them in Desktop machines, and a Development server for us
Techies, not Production machines (for that we're setting up our shiny new
Dell's - Opposite end of the price range ^_^).

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :