Startup

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Wed May 31 22:13:28 WST 2000

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Jon L. Miller wrote:

> Thanks guys (Scott, Matt and Peter) for the help everything is working the
> way I want it.

Good to hear!

> Anyone using StarOffice 5.1? and does it save documents that can be opened
> in Word 2000 or Word97?

Yes, though I use it mainly to _open_ .doc and .xls files.

The "Save As" option allows you to save in native .sdw format, or Word 97,
Word 95 or WinWord 6 formats.

The spreadsheet component allows you to save files in Excel 97 format.

> I'm interested in hearing from anyone that has used or currently using
> VMWARE 2.0  with Win98 and MS Office 97 or MS Office2K.

Haven't tried 2.0 but have run vmware 1.1.2 with Win98 and Office2000
No major problems other than the implied. ;)

 - Matt