[plug] Squid2.3

Mark Gaynor markjgaynor at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 06:08:55 WST 2000

--- "Thomas, Andre" <thomasa at wa.switch.aust.com> wrote: > Hi,

> cache_effective_user nobody
> cache_effective_group nogroup

This is fine for the cache part of the configuration, but near the end
of the config file is where you set the squid user/group settings,
which is what you are looking for I think.

> I get the error:
>
> FATAL: getgrnam failed to find groupid for effective group 'nogroup'
> Squid Cache (Version 2.3.STABLE4): Terminated abnormally.
> CPU Usage: 0.030 seconds = 0.030 user + 0.000 sys
> Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
> Page faults with physical i/o: 233
>
> What am I completely and utterly missing here?

May I suggest you take a look at www.squid-cache.org and their fine
documentation. It takes you through all the configuration options and
what you need to have for a minimal config file to get things running.

=====
Regards

Mark