[plug] <THICK USER MODE> - Help with Cron

Earnshaw, Mike earnshawm at wa.switch.aust.com
Fri Nov 3 11:15:38 WST 2000

Pluggers,

I seem to be going in circles with cron. I am trying to modify the
cron.daily times, but the only way I have figured out out how to modify
files is crontab -e which modifies root's cron not the "system"? I know
this is really a thick user question, I am prepared for the eggs ...
{yes I did man cron, man 5 crontab, info etc, but it is light on)

Thanks

-----
Mike Earnshaw      | Earth : verb. A single point    | e-mail in header
 Computer Systems  |         of failure.             | Tel : +61 8 9256
1099
  Support          |                    HGTTG        | Fax : +61 8 9256
1199
-----
   ,-._|\    Union Switch & signal
  /      \   24 Bannick Court
  *_.--._/   Canning Vale, WA 6155, Western Australia