[plug] Re: VMware Pricing Changes

wvovil at fundi.com.au wvovil at fundi.com.au
Wed Nov 8 08:20:37 WST 2000

Goodbye VMWare, and thanks for the fish!

VMware <vmwarenews at vmware.m0.net> on 08/11/2000 12:34:18

Please respond to vmwarenews at vmware.m0.net

To:   Wayne J Vovil/FUNDI at FUNDI
cc:

Subject:  VMware Pricing Changes

Dear VMware Customer,

When we introduced VMware software, we wanted to allow students and
hobbyists to use our product on a private, non-commercial basis. So
we created a hobbyist/student price and made it available on the
"honor" system. For a single-user electronic license, the discount
price was US$99. And the price for the packaged product was US$129.

We are dedicated to keeping this valuable discount for our academic
customers. However, in the future we will handle these sales through
a distributor who specializes in selling to students and other
academics via educational channels -- such as campus bookstores,
catalogs, and Web sites. (Watch your email for the complete details.)
And we will continue to deal directly with academic institutions that
wish to buy multiple copies of VMware for their classes and
training programs.

If you qualify for the current program, there's still time to act.
The last day for new non-commercial orders is December 4th. To order
a copy, visit our store on the VMware Web site. The hobbyists/student
discount information is located at
http://vmware1.m0.net/m/s.asp?H2458174031X900171.

Sincerely,

The VMware Team

TO UNSUBSCRIBE from this email list, go to
http://vmware1.m0.net/m/u/vmw/v.asp?e=wvovil%40fundi.com.au