[plug] Re: VMware Pricing Changes

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 8 10:30:34 WST 2000

wvovil at fundi.com.au wrote:

> Goodbye VMWare, and thanks for the fish!
>
> and email forwarded from the vmware mailing list.

Does the email mean that vmware will now be distributed on CD, from
university bookshops, thus avoiding people having to download it across
the Internet?

I note that, in the past, people have been able to wander into
university bookshops, and, buy books, etc, without having to prove
student enrolment.

Without being a current user of vmware (we don't have a powerful enough
computer), the new distribution and licensing system, may not
necessarily be as bad as it first appears. There are ways around
academic software licensing restrictions...

Just a few thoughts...

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988