[plug] UPS's - bizarre experience

Colin Muller colin at durbanet.co.za
Wed Nov 8 10:05:08 WST 2000

Bret Busby wrote:
> Bernard Blackham wrote:
> > After letting the battery charge a while, I decided to manually test it by
> > pulling the power plug on it... At that instant the entire neighbourhood's
> > power went out for about 2 seconds,
>
> So, that was what caused the power blackout throughout all the suburbs
> of Perth?
> ;)

Heh - blacking out the screens of all the pluggers who were at the time
reading about UPS systems.

My thanks for the many informative responses to my query about how
exactly the beasts work. I'll be getting one sometime in the not too
distant future, and will report back on any interesting Linux-related
things that crop up at the time.

Colin