[plug] Mandrake 7.2 installation hassles - update

Matthew Skinner matt.skinner at peelhc.com.au
Mon Nov 13 08:43:06 WST 2000

Hello All,

I have had the same problem with the boot loader but with a REDHAT
installation... Your problem is not with the software it is with your
Hardware mainly your Hard Drive if you try and install any OS at all you'll
not get it to boot either.

Sorry to say from what I have been reading about your problems. You'll need
to do a low level format of your hard drive.... This was the only way I was
able to get my
PC to even boot properly again...

But just incase I am wrong try loading Microslot or some other OS (NOT
LINUX) because that is what I tried and it still did not work. From what I
remember of my problem the install had by freak accident corrupted the boot
sector, also Microsloth's Format /MBR did not work at repairing the boot
sector either.

Good Luck and Happy Formatting

Matthew Skinner

Information Technology Officer
Peel Health Campus

"We want a few mad people now. See where the sane ones have landed us!"
 George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Tel (08) 9531 8582
Fax (08) 9531 8399
Pager 153