[plug] OOPS!

Brian Tombleson brian at ParadigmIT.com.au
Wed Nov 15 21:13:47 WST 2000

Seeking urgent help and/or verification.

I seem to have lost the contents of my root directory.

'ls /' returns no files and on the terminal screen I get the error:

EXT2-fs error (device ide0(3,1)): ext2_readdir: bad entry in directory #2:
directory entry across blocks - offset=0; inode=1166739463, rec_len=35084,
name_len=16

I can 'ls /bin' and all the contents are there, it is referencing all my
directories correctly, just not the root.

I'm tempted to re-boot to see if it will fix it, but I was wondering if
anyone can tell me if this is easily recoverable without me having to
re-start from scratch?

TA
Brian.