[plug] Sound card

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Wed Nov 15 22:35:34 WST 2000

G'day all,

Here's the situation:

I run a JavaRadio server - a live, tunable radio scanner that has
streaming audio.
For those who wanna know, it uses an Icom IC-PCR1000 all mode, 0.30 -
1300 Mhz scanning receiver.
When my Linux machine is online (nearly 24/7 but not quite...), it can
be reached at http://vk6ksj.javaradio.com
Due to the idiots over the road at a construction site (worksafe would
have a pink fit if they saw how these guys worked...), we had a power
surge at my house about a month ago and....I had to upgrade the server
form RH 5.2 to RH 6.2 to even manage to get a boot prompt.

Now I have a problem, when I try to start my audio encoder, I get this
from /var/log/messages:
linux modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module binfmt-0064

I'm not a Linux expert and I've really got no idea how to fix this
problem...
I am using an ISA ESS1688 Audio Drive.

Would anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem? if so, I'll need a
newbie style explanation on how to do it.
Hahahaa, about the only thing I know how to do on Linux is get IPChains
working, modify some stuff for Apache and get SMV to share
resources....not a helluva lot when compared to your guys but I gotta
start somewhere and with my current lack of time learning stuff with
Linux is limited, unfortunately !!

Many thanks in advance.
--

Kai

Like clean air, water and food, earth is a comodity:
Take good care of what little there is left.