[plug] Sound card

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Thu Nov 16 10:20:54 WST 2000

> hmmm, sounds like something to do with the miscellanious program loader in
> the kernel looking for the module to run your program. This probably
> didn't make any sense :-)

Ummmm, yeah, heheheh

> > I'm not a Linux expert and I've really got no idea how to fix this
> > problem...
> > I am using an ISA ESS1688 Audio Drive.
>
> Pull that card out and SHOOT it! It probably won't fix your problem, but
> you will feel better with a better sounding card :-)
>
> That is if your experience with ESS was as shocking as mine. (They were
> really really bad!)

It's never really caused me that much grief ! I've been using it for the
last 3 years as the audio encoder on my Linux machine no worries.
Although I've got an SB Vibra PCI here to try out if I have no joy with
the ESS. ?!

> > Would anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem? if so, I'll need a
> > newbie style explanation on how to do it.
> > Hahahaa, about the only thing I know how to do on Linux is get IPChains
> > working, modify some stuff for Apache and get SMV to share
> > resources....not a helluva lot when compared to your guys but I gotta
> > start somewhere and with my current lack of time learning stuff with
> > Linux is limited, unfortunately !!
>
> You don't sound half stupid :-). Sounds like if you can configure
> IPChains, and configure Apache, you are well on your way to becoming a
> guru.

Hehehee, well, I didn't thinkn IP Chains was that hard, SMB = RTFM and
it's a peice of cake and Apache's the same, the .conf file has so many
comments it's hard to go wrong !! :-)

> Good luck with your problem.

Thanks....will let you's know if I have any joy.