[plug] Sound card

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Fri Nov 17 12:19:05 WST 2000

Orrighy, being a newbie, here's what I've done and results follow:

Uncommented this section, since it has IRQ 5.

(CONFIGURE ESS0968/1291845632 (LD 0
#     Logical device decodes 10 bit IO address lines
#         Minimum IO base address 0x0220
#         Maximum IO base address 0x0250
#         IO base alignment 16 bytes
#         Number of IO addresses required: 16
 (IO 0 (SIZE 16) (BASE 0x0220))
#     IRQ 5, 7, 9 or 10.
#         High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
 (INT 0 (IRQ 5 (MODE +E)))
#     First DMA channel 0, 1 or 3.
#         8 bit DMA only
#         Logical device is not a bus master
#         DMA may not execute in count by byte mode
#         DMA may not execute in count by word mode
#         DMA channel speed in compatible mode
 (DMA 0 (CHANNEL 0))
 (NAME "ESS0968/1291845632[0]{ESS PnP AudioDrive  }")
 (ACT Y)
))

...and run
isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf

Although I get
Board 1 has Identity e9 4d 00 00 00 68 09 73 16:  ESS0968 Serial No
1291845632 [checksum e9]
/etc/isapnp.conf:46 -- Fatal - resource conflict allocating 16 bytes of
IO at 220 (see /proc/ioports)
/etc/isapnp.conf:46 -- Fatal - Error occurred executing request
'<IORESCHECK> ' --- further action aborted

Which would mean those addresse are already in use...I understand the
board is already using IRQ 5 but why is it not listening to this command
if this command is telling it to reconfigure ?

Anyway, since I'm not all that familiar with this I've prolly done
something wrong or edited the wrong line - I've included my isapnp.conf
file just in case anyone wants to check it and tell me where I've gone
wrong.

Thanks everyone for all their help so far, I know I must be a pain in
the arse to you fella's right now.!

/Kai

--

Kai

Like clean air, water and food, earth is a comodity:
Take good care of what little there is left.