[plug] Sound card

Beau Kuiper kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au
Sat Nov 18 18:37:24 WST 2000

Hi,

Try a PCI audio card. Sound blaster live value for $95, or anything
similar. PCI just seems to just work, while ISA is still a case of plug
and pray and problems.

Have you tried upgrading the kernel to the latest stable version. It may
be a kernel bug in the kernel redhat uses?

Also check your cmos settings. make sure the ISA clock divider is set to 4
or 5, possibly use more conservative settings.

Try a different vidio card even (weird things do happen) if you
can. Maybe it might be the motherboard. PC hardware is notorious for
random incompatibilities.

Good luck
Beau Kuiper
kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au