[plug] PPP Connection having problems

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Wed Nov 22 17:31:08 WST 2000

"Marshall, Joshua" wrote:
>> Make sure that the RTS/CTS (pins 4&5 on 25-pin RS-232) are wired through (ie
>> RTS-end-1 to CTS-end-2 and vice versa) and that pppd's ``crtscts'' option is
>> enabled.

> I've looped-back the RTS and CTS rather than running them through the cable,
> because the cable is only 3 wires.

Would you like a cable with enough strands? I have a roll of 8-core to hand here
in Mt Claremont (somewhere between 30m and 50m left on roll). Within the hour, I
will be making a trip across to Como (via freeway) and back, so if you happen to
be along that route somewhere I can drop it off.

--
A lady came up to me on the street and pointed to my suede jacket.
"You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?"  she sneered.  I