[plug] Backspace not working after upgrade

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Fri Nov 24 15:18:37 WST 2000

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Oliver White wrote:

> I just installed qt2.2, to have a bit of a play with it. It seems apt
> grabbed and installed xfree4.0.1. Suddenly my backspace only deletes
> characters ahead of the cursor. Anyone familiar with this problem?

create a file called ~/.Xmodmap containing:
keycode   22 = BackSpace
keycode  107 = Delete

and check your X startup scripts to make sure the command
xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap
is being run from them.

You can also run it from within any xterm/rxvt/[...] so you don't need to
restart X to make the change take effect.

 - Matt