[plug] Cookies

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Wed Nov 29 09:24:14 WST 2000

Bret Busby wrote:
> Thus, cookies appear to be an
> Archilles heel, in the security.

> As I have stated, Amway had had the secure website functioning, without
> cookies, previous to the current version.

It's a moot point anyway. The Achilles' heel of Amway is that magic word
``exponential.'' To give you some idea of how well network marketing in general
works, OmegaTrends, at the point where they had 100,000 registered distributors,
had *8* distributors earning more than $50,000 a year, two of whom were the
founders. Put another way, the odds of earning as much as a mediocre accountant
were at least 12,500:1 against. In this setting, the odd angry cookie is a
fairly trivial consideration.

--
"What you end up with, after running an operating system concept
through these many marketing coffee filters, is something not