[plug] Cookies

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed Nov 29 16:35:07 WST 2000

Bret Busby wrote:

> > Same for all versions: ~/.netscape/cookies
>
> Had a look; couln't find it.
>
> Did wehereis cookies - no path.
> Did whereis cookie - no path
> Did whereis cook* - no path
> Did whereis .netscape - no path
> Each of those as both a user, and, as root.
> Did whereis netscape, returned /usr/bin/netscape (executable), and
> /usr/lib/netscape.
> Did ls -al on the latter; did not see either .netscape, or, cookies.

You did ls -la ~/.netscape/cookies I presume?
as specified by the above line, .netscape will be in your home dir,
maybe /home/bret/.netsacpe.

Whereis looks for files in what it calls the 'usual' places, maybe also
the path, I did not look to hard, but unless your path has . in it, then
it's not going to find it in your home dir.
If you must use some search program for a file not in the path
find / -name .netscape
is probably a good start..
The ~/ means the home dir of the currently logged in user..

--
Brad....
                   /"\