[plug] Editor choices: the keys to the matter

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Sun Oct 1 12:25:42 WST 2000

On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 12:06:22PM +0800, Colin Muller wrote:
> Leon Brooks wrote:
> > And just try finding the Escape key, I dare you...

Even without re-mapping the keys as Colin's suggested, there is less
hand-movement required to hit Escape than there is to find the arrow
keys required for navigation on editors other than vi(m).  I can
understand people not liking vi due to the steep learning curve (and, of
course, a lot of this is about personal preference) but the fact remains
that for virtually ANY editing task, vi(m) is by far the most efficient
editor available.  Now, if only someone would add vi-bindings to my
portable Palm keyboard so I could become *truly* productive...

Regards,

Christian.