[plug] Does Telstra Set Speeds for there Exchanges?

BillK billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 3 19:09:38 WST 2000

???
There used to be standard that Telstra would only guarantee an analog
phone line to the equivalent of some low datarate, but moderm modems
have made it so redundant its been ignored for years.  This may be what
they mean - that anything above 4800 is a bonus, so if you cannot get
more, its not their fault.

Can you give more info - what exchange and line type?, someone who is
actually using one of those exchanges may be on the list and can
comment.

BillK