[plug] debian install from floppy disks?

Jason :) jas at whatever.iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 4 09:16:12 WST 2000

Hi

You can download the basic distribution of debian (for floppy disks) at
ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44

It's about 15 disk images. Once you have downloaded them you write the disk
images to the floppy using a program like Rawrite (sorry, dont know a link, i
used the one off the redhat cd).

To install it, put the rescue disk in your computer and start it up. And
follow the on-screen instructions. You can use its partitioner to have
multiple OS'es on your computer if you want, but make sure you back up your
data first.

There are more installation instructions at http://www.debian.org/ if you need
them

Good luck