[plug] Redhat and Mylex Acc170 install

Michael De Santis michael at harvestroad.com
Thu Oct 5 15:40:04 WST 2000

Thanks Richard - that work perfectly.   I managed to complete the install and
reboot the machine. However now a new problem occurs when it reboots. The final
message before a Kernel Panic attack message appears is

exec /sbin/modprobe is block-major-48 errono 2

I suspect the new driver was not installed in the kernel during the installation.
Any help would be appreciated

regards
Michael

Michael De Santis                        michael at harvestroad.com
Systems Administrator                    Harvestroad Limited

                 http://www.harvestroad.com