[plug] A couple of questions...

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Thu Oct 5 15:51:30 WST 2000

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 03:07:57PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Is it? Imap may be overkill for you; something safer may be more appropriate.

What exactly is it about IMAP that people think is so unsafe/insecure?

I do know that when it was first being developed, there were lots of
problems, but that's to be expected in the developmental stages of
any server software.  There were also a few bugs discovered along
the way, but as far as I'm aware, they're all fixed.

Debian was kicking packages out of potato if they had critical
bugs, and the UW imap server was/is still in there.

Am I missing something?  (wouldn't be the first time  :)