[plug] "Ghost" for Linux?

Niall Young niall at linuxsolutions.net.au
Fri Oct 6 10:20:59 WST 2000

> Of the two you mentioned, systemimager seems more to be just Bulk Linux
> installs, rather than image backup. Jacal seems to be similar, but at
> least is designed to support other images (windoze). Maybe I could set up
> something like it on my home Lan. ^_^

You may also find some of these useful - most are aimed for mass installs
but a few like replicator create bootable CDs to restore a single image:

Mondo			http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/index.html
Replicator		http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~schaumat/replicator/
VA System Imager	http://systemimager.sourceforge.net/
FAI			http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/
NAIS			http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/nais/
DZinstall		http://boogie.cs.unitn.it/dz/debian/dzinstall/
Installserver		ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/pub/local/installserver/

--
Niall Young
             Linux Solutions -- www.linuxsolutions.net.au