[plug] ext2, reiserfs, promptless recovery

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Fri Oct 6 11:26:29 WST 2000

Colin Muller wrote:
> 3) If I mix ext2 and reiserfs partitions, is there a way of getting the
> reiserfs ones to do a promptless check as well? I haven't yet used
> reiserfs.

All of Reiser's checks are promptless, and typically max out at less than 20
seconds for an 8GB partition. If it doesn't mount, it's going to be too hard to
fix. I've never had one not mount, and some of the machines in question live in
extremely hostile environments.

Mount the remaining ext2's readonly.

> 4) If I change all partitions to reiserfs, will this whole problem just
> magically disappear?

Yes, unless you have a small partition somewhere (I think the lower limit is
something like 16M) that you can't mount readonly.

--
"Oh Bentson, you are so mercifully free from the ravages of intellect."
    -- Evil, The Time Bandits