[plug] [why not staroffice]

Garry bigbadbill at dingoblue.net.au
Sat Oct 7 22:15:54 WST 2000

I can only speak for C++..

For big programs C++ just gets better.

When (using strings as an example) you write a bit of code which handles the
a char array the way you wish, you simply reuse it.  You can also just make it
part of your armoury in future programming missions, simply by #including it..

One of the best bits of C++ is the OO, using the class thing for example.  If
you want to describe something, say an animal you saw, it is much easier to say
it was a type of cat,dog or snail than to start from scratch. It gives you a
starting point with functionality, characteristics and interface.

There is lots of the language I don't use or understand, and thats prob true
for everyone (more or less), once you start using it it's clumsiness is
forgiveable for it's power,imho.

Note that I said it gets better, not is best...

Sounds like there is lots of other languages out there too with OO, the choice
comes down to many things, including personal preference. If you enjoy the
language, you are more likely to persist and succeed with it.

Garry.