[plug] dialback daemon

Bernard Blackham dagobah at mad.scientist.com
Mon Oct 9 21:35:02 WST 2000

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Russell Steicke wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> A while back I recall someone mentioning a daemon that allowed defined
> actions to take place if there was ring activity on a modem.  The most
> obvious use would be to have it activate pppd in response to a ring in, or
> a certain number of rings in a certain time.
>
> Has anyone here heard of this, and know where I could find it?

I came across the "Wish You Were Here" program in Freshmeat a while back.
It works around caller ID, thus you need a modem that supports caller ID
(which I've yet to come across, but I haven't looked all that hard). If a
specific number calls, it will do what you pre-programmed it to, eg.
activate pppd.

      http://freshmeat.net/projects/wishyouwerehere/

Does this come close to what you are looking for?

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham
 dagobah at mad.scientist.com