[plug] dialback daemon

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Mon Oct 9 21:46:15 WST 2000

Thanks for the reply, but that wasn't it.  mgetty will do callback, but
only after the inward bound call has been answered.  One final desperate
freshmeat search found it... xringd.  Monitors the modem ring indicator
line, and can execute arbitrary commands on specified sequences of rings.

And it is included with the distribution (currently debian, I jump around
a bit.)

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
One monk said to the other, "The fish has flopped out of the net! How will it
live?" The other said, "When you have gotten out of the net, I'll tell you."