[plug] email, allowing filtering etc

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Oct 11 09:24:40 WST 2000

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000 nhmsl at netscape.net wrote:

> Im gonna buy/build a linux box, has any one got any hardware
> tips/compatibility tips, and where to get cheap hardware. has anyone

For compatibility, stick to standard generic stuff. You getting anything
unusual? Read the Howtos. Dont get a win-modem. Dont get a windows-only
printer. (It'll say on the box).
  For cheap, see the prices in Saturday's West newspaper classifieds.

> considered buying hardware in bulk from manufacturers/resellers(more

No point. Thats what retailers are for. Plenty work on a low margin.

> kinda taking a stab. also is anyone aware of a free email that
> provides a litle more power than netscape WebMail (e.g. direct plug
> mail int a plug sbufolder etc) or can this be done through WebMail.

WTF? I hope you arn't asking about windoze. RTFM, I mean read the archives
for opinions on mail programs. Try pine. For mail filtering, see procmail.
Learn to use a web search engine. See http://freshmeat.net .
Backup often. Wear sunscreen.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>