[plug] Segfaults in Apache?

Jason :) jas at whatever.iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 12 19:31:17 WST 2000

Hi

I'm using a Debian (potato) system running Apache 1.3.12 (from the
unstable distribution, don't ask) and PHP 4.02 (also from unstable). My
problem is, that every time I get a page with some PHP error (be it a
parse error, or MySQL, or whatever), instead of it giving me a parse
error warning, I just get a blank page (or document contains no data
error in netscape). It appears that whn this happens it's causing a
segmentation fault in Apache. Does anyone know how to stop this?

(before anyone asks, it did the same thing with the stable release
versions. I changed to the unstable hoping it would fix it, because this
apparantly happened a lot with the 4.0 betas of PHP, which are in the
stable release. (go figure) )

Thanks

Jason