[plug] resume (drifting off topic)

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Fri Oct 13 07:35:41 WST 2000

PLUG is not alone in suffering from wasted bandwidth.  Our 64 kbit line is
chokkas all day with pointless broadcast emails and large joke attachments -
MPEGs seem to be very popular at the moment.

I've been trying to come up with a feasible alternative to the mindless
transmission of attachments (admittedly in a Windows environment).  Trying
to get clients to load up and down to a 'web site' is of course much too
hard.  Does anyone know of a working environment where people use references
or some other form of document management?

K.