[plug] Postfix problems

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 15 21:52:19 WST 2000

We are having problems, trying to get postfix working.

We are unable to implement aliases, for multidrop; all messages are
going to one user on the LAN, and we are unable to send mail out via
postfix; we are getting lines in the mail log file, ending with
"status = deferred (transport=deferred)"
How do we overcome these problems?

The HOWTO on the Internet, has been followed, without any significant
success.

If Anne sends a message from Outlook to herself, within the LAN, it goes
to her, and I do not get a copy. If I send a message to her, using
Netscape, bypassing the Postfix, going directly to iinet's mail servers,
I get copies, and Anne gets none.

I am sending this message, as Anne's attempt to suscribe to PLUG,
resulted in a confirmation notice, that came to me.

Help?

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988