[plug] LaTeX -> Word converter?

Mike erazmus at wantree.com.au
Mon Oct 16 00:32:13 WST 2000

At 10:05 PM 15/10/2000 +0800, you wrote:

>> > b.      Word 6 (although not perfect) appears the best compromise
>> >         given the lay of the land.
>> >

>> Surely, either PDF, or HTML, are much more universal formats? Even the
>> dreaded Max can read them (I emailed word documents to my brother, a few
>> months ago, and his MaxWord stuffed up the formatting, completely.

mmm Word 6 has been around longer then HTML (I believe) and it could
be (in the view of bearecrats) that an editor for Word 6 is more
accesible across more platforms then HTML for greatest number of
consistent user interfaces that is.

ie. I beleive there are still some WFWG systems and these don't run
the latest HTML - WYSIWYG editors...

There also seems to be more confusion about what is the most appropriate
version of HTML whereas Word 6 is a seemingly precise 'standard'.

As for PDF - could have been considered but I beleive the cost of
a PDF editor for lower end systems doesn't justify their installation
in comparison with Word 6 that is,

Rgds

Mike