[plug] LaTeX -> Word converter?

Bernard Blackham dagobah at mad.scientist.com
Mon Oct 16 00:29:06 WST 2000

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Mike wrote:
> As for PDF - could have been considered but I beleive the cost of
> a PDF editor for lower end systems doesn't justify their installation
> in comparison with Word 6 that is,

This may sound a little complicated, but surely it'd be possible for users
to type out documents in Microsoft Word, LaTeX, or whatever they wish to
and then print it to a print queue on a linux box, by means of lpr,
smbprint, or netatalk's papd, and that print queue would pass it to
ghostscript to convert into a pdf file and dump it into a shared directory
for distribution or something along those lines *breathe*.

I suppose the problem then still lies in how somebody else is to actually
edit the distributed PDF... Hrmmm, bugger. Keep thinking...

--
 Bernard Blackham
 dagobah at mad.scientist.com