[plug] LaTeX -> Word converter?

Carl Gherardi gherardi at cs.curtin.edu.au
Mon Oct 16 01:49:08 WST 2000

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Garry wrote:

> You could use StarOffice to save to .doc format. If not S.O., maybe
> Abiword...

I've had major problems with this when trying to exchange documents with
fellow students.
problem 1) saving the document as word format then opening it again with
SOffice i end up with a different document to the one i saved.

2) The document i send off makes Windows crash about 7/10 times and also
crashes Mac's viewer aswell. One of my fellow students lost 3 hours worth
of work in another program in one of the creashes.

I've had that many problems that I simply shifted back to plain text when
exchanging documents.

I know this isn't an option for you..

Just be wary of sending off SOffice's word formatted documents

Carl