[plug] LaTeX -> Word converter?

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 16 17:59:24 WST 2000

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 04:33:48PM +0800, Christian wrote:
[zeroing allocated space]
> It may be a perfectly reasonable assumption but it's still not an
> acceptable one on any multiuser system [1].  There's no point having
[...]

Well, yes - we're talking Word 6 (for Windows 3.1), though... Linux and
NT _do_ do zeroing. (I think Linux uses optimised FPU assembler to do
it on x86) I still it's reprehensible that Word leaves large chunks of
unused space in the saved file - the fact that it has security
implications as well is almost beside the point. ::-)

Of course, the next question is whether it's still like this. Office97
for Win95 is - how about Office2000 for WinME?

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal