[plug] The Tennyson Group

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Tue Oct 17 14:53:31 WST 2000

Hi David

>We recruit IT people for permanent and contract positions - mainly but not
>exclusively in WA and SA. We deal with all the major and most of the minor
>IT groups around town. We also do quite a bit of international recruitment
>via our alliance with Compuware. We are different from all the other
>recruiters in that our primary focus is on the candidate (worker) rather
>than on the client (employer).
>
>We are always looking for good people so if you are considering the next
>step in your career, talk to us and we will help you if we can.
>
>Thanks for your time - looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting,

I've got some long service leave due next year, (~5 months) and was
wondering how easy it is for ozzies to get short term (ie less than 5
months) IT work overseas these days. Preferred locations would be
Ireland/Britain (have one grandparent born in England - probably won't help
much), US/Canada, pretty well anywhere where living conditions are Ok.

A thumbnail CV - have been working as a unix/linux/network sysadmin with
pc/mac support for about 10 years. Also some web site and html/cgi
experience. Have coded in FORTRAN and C mostly in the past. Qalifications:
B. Sc (Hons Physics, 1982), Grad Dip Computer Science, Red Hat (linux)
Certified Engineer (RHCE). Age 41.

cheers,

Dave.

  David Griffiths                             griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection          Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                Fax  :   61 8 9321 5184
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia