[plug] win4lin and too big a disk!

BillK billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 20 16:13:19 WST 2000

Plugs been quiet today!

I have managed to get win4lin working with Mandrake 2.2.16-9mdk.
However I have a small problem in that it (win95) thinks the disk I
installed it in is too big, ~7gbytes instead of the 2gbyte max for fat16
that win4lin appears to map the linux filesystem to. I dont have a disk
that small so how can I make a directory look no more than 2gbytes in
size? - quota may be an option but I have never used it, is there
anything else?  Win95 installed ok, but office 2000 says the disk is
512mbytes in size, zero available,and wants 45mbytes more (for a
300mbyte install!).  Occaisionally it ignores the message and goes and
installs, only to hang before the end.  The MS fix is to go to fat32,
which win4lin doesnt seem to know about.

any ideas, there's nothing on the win4lin site I can find either?

BillK