[plug] Intel Express Pro 10 settings

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 25 00:17:32 WST 2000

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 10:37:49AM +0800, Matt Kemner wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Christopher Darby wrote:
> > try the D-Link Network cards....i believe they use the DEC Tulip chipset
>
> The D-Link cards I have use the via-rhine driver.
[...]

eg the DFE-530TX. I played around with a few, they did work but I
wasn't really happy with them. The driver kept resetting the card and
displaying a worrying but (mostly?) harmless message "Something wicked
happened!". ::-(

I'd tend to go a tulip, tulip clone (eg Netgear FA310TX) or 3Com (more
expensive but about as good as the tulips).

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal