[plug] re westnet contains rant

alan howard alanh at wn.com.au
Sun Oct 22 12:31:01 WST 2000

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Paul Day wrote:
> I thought westnet used Portmasters these days. They bought Wantree's old
> Portmasters when iiNet replaced them with Ciscos.
>
> PD

I recieved this on the 6/9/00 from westnet
<snip>
> As a part of our network maintenance and upgrade plans, we have recently
switched some of our modem hardware in Perth. We are in the process of
migrating to 3Com access servers (modems), as opposed to Tigris access
servers (the existing hardware). We find this hardware to offer superior
performance and more stable connections. It is also a more scalable platform
for when we need to upgrade our equipment.

regards
alan howard