[plug] Warning! Rant ahead

Paul Day bonfire at bur.st
Mon Oct 23 11:49:58 WST 2000

If you're hosting web and MX on your machine - why didn't you just host
the DNS aswell and get your ISP to second the domain for you? Most ISPs
will second DNS for a client's domain for free. That way all your pay is
the yearly rego for the domain and nothing else.

If you're worried that your machine isn't reliable enough to be an NS for
your domain, don't tell the world that you're an NS, but act as the
primary and tell the world that only your ISPs DNS servers are NS for your
domain and have them second off you.

PD