[plug] Dialup Server

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Mon Oct 23 11:58:35 WST 2000

Michael De Santis wrote:
> I would like to set up me home PC as a dialup server so I can dial in
> from work.

To /etc/inittab add (presuming ttyS1 is your modem):

S1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -n 2 -s 115200 ttyS1

On an _old_ machine with 16540 ports, you improve your luck by using -n 38400.
The dialin script should end with:

ogin:--ogin: dialinusername
ssword: dialinpassword
]$ pppd

It's neater from a Windows box if you use autoPPP. You will probably need to set
some PPP options (at least IP addresses for each end of the link) in
/etc/ppp/options.ttyS1 and might like to do fancier stuff like CND filtering
and/or ringback.

--
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.