[plug] vmware

wvovil at fundi.com.au wvovil at fundi.com.au
Tue Oct 24 09:42:42 WST 2000

Well originally my Toshiba notebook came with W2000 Prof; but Win 98 is crap,
then W2000 is crap squared. So my only Win alternative was NT 4. I'd much rather
run Linux and OS/2 only (I deal with IBM a lot and therefore need either NT or
OS/2 etc). My requirements are to run:

     * an office suite with MS Off compatibility - preferably Star Office
     * Lotus Notes R5 (may run under wine??!!)
     * Visual Age Java (linux version avail)
     * Websphere / Websphere Studio (linux version avail)
     * 3270 emulator (Attachmate or linux alternative if one exists)
     * Kylix (Delphi for Linux)
     * get my PCMCIA cards working
          - Xircom ethernet
          - Kingmax 56k Fax/Modem (I also have a winmodem; but we know about
that don't we??!!)

Wayne

Kevin Shackleton <kevins at wn.com.au> on 23/10/2000 20:52:11

Please respond to plug at plug.linux.org.au