[plug] X cursor when switching from console

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 21:08:25 WST 2000

List,

I have a Honeywell TS-3 PS2 mouse which I've just
replaced my old serial mouse with. For those who don't
know, this has the two buttons in the normal place, a
third button on the left hand side which is the
"middle" one, and TWO scroll wheels - vertical and
horizontal.

The plain Intellimouse driver seems to work OK, and
enlightenment and gimp make use of the third button,
if not the scroll wheels (not really a problem, might
fix one day :).

Only problem is, if I switch back into X from the
console, I get a couple of spontaneous mouse clicks,
and the cursor jumps up to the top right corner and
becomes unusable. Restarting X fixes it, but that's
not really satisfactory...

I tried turning off 3button emulation, but it seemed
to have no effect either way.

Anyone run into one of these, or a similar problem?

TIA

Andrew

=====
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?