[plug] X cursor when switching from console

Bernard Blackham dagobah at mad.scientist.com
Tue Oct 24 22:05:41 WST 2000

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Andrew Furey wrote:
> Only problem is, if I switch back into X from the
> console, I get a couple of spontaneous mouse clicks,
> and the cursor jumps up to the top right corner and
> becomes unusable. Restarting X fixes it, but that's
> not really satisfactory...
>
> Anyone run into one of these, or a similar problem?

I have experienced that problem with my IntelliMouse Explorer when it was
running under PS/2 mode, but then I did something which I have no
recollection of, and it never happened again. (bad sysadmin practice)
Later on I took it over to USB and it seems to work happily still.

But when it was happening, I found that the effects only lasted a few
seconds, and after a few good shakes and a couple of clicks on all
buttons, it would come back to life in about 4 seconds. I think perhaps it
had something to do with the type of mouse specified under X. Mine
definitely worked as "IMPS/2", I think that could've been it.

HTH,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham