[plug] Sendmail configuration

Bernard Blackham dagobah at mad.scientist.com
Tue Oct 24 22:17:35 WST 2000

List,

I am setting up a Sendmail server on Red Hat Linux 6.0 (old system, will
upgrade soon, probably to Debian... have to find a spare monitor and
keyboard before I can upgrade it).

The only version string I can find for sendmail is in the welcome string
itself:  ESMTP Sendmail 8.9.3/8.8.7

I have tested it for spamming using mail-abuse.org (telnet into them and
they test your mail agent for spamproof-ness), and it found my system
accepts relayed mail headed to an address of <"any at email.address.com">
where the quotes are involved, but not <any at email.address.com>. I can't
find any setting to close this hole up in linuxconf, and I'm yet to go
delving into the raw sendmail configuration file. Does anybody know how to
prevent this?

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham