[PLUG] Several queries

Campbell, David (Ex AS17) david.j.campbell at honeywell.com
Wed Oct 25 12:48:15 WST 2000

[SNIP]

> General query - how do you get to the command line prompt (i.e. completely
> out of Xwindows) when running an X windows session? I've tried Ctrl, Alt
and
> Backspace but that only closes down the Xwindow session.

<ALT> + <BACKSPACE>  Kills X Windows
<ALT> + <NUM "+">    Changes X resolution
<ALT> + <NUM "-">    Changes X resolution
<ALT> + <Fn>         Change virtual console (only works when at a text
console, not in X)
<CTL> + <ALT> + <Fn> Change to virtual console "n" (where Fn = F1, F2,
F3...)
<CTL> + <ALT> + <DEL>Three finger salute

David Campbell