[plug] RPM's

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Oct 26 11:50:02 WST 2000

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Bret Busby wrote:

> I got that message, when I downloaded the RPM's, to upgrade from
> Netscape 4.7x, to 4.61, on Red Hat 6.2. I figured it was something to do
> with the version of RPM being too old; and, with the Netscape RPM's
> being 4.x, appeared to indicate that the RPM version dated back to when
> Netscape 3.0 was around. Probably completely wrong, but, it seemed a
> logical assumption.

Go to the same placxe and download the updates to rpm  ... that will dix your
problem.

Also if you checked the RedHat eratta page it would have told you the same
thing.

They openly admit that they f**ked up and released rpm's packaged in the
wrong format.  ....  I don't think they could feasibly go back so they did the
best they could.

> Sent an email to Red Hat, querying it; company appears too big, to
> either acknowledge, or, respond to emails.

.... They probbaly wont reply to a FAQ

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein